Achieving Optimal Clinical Flow
1 hour Audio and Power Point Presentation
Recorded April 29, 2015
At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
- List the instances where a negative rapid strep throat test needs to be followed by a throat culture.
- List the current policy recommendations regarding the treatment of RSV bronchiolitis.
- Discuss the current recommendations regarding treatment of a positive H Pylori rapid antibody screen in children.
- Identify the guidelines regarding evaluation and treatment of urinary tract infection in the pediatric population
- Recognize why pediatricians do not test for C Difficile in infants.
Victor Chou, MD
Dr. Victor Chou has practiced Urgent Care at Lake After Hours in Baton Rouge, LA for the past 7 years and currently serves as Lead Physician at the Denham Springs location. He has served in numerous clinical and administrative roles for Lake After Hours, including 3 years as Assistant Medical Director. He have given 6 lectures at 3 previous UCAOA conferences in both clinical and practice management tracks. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
Disclosures: The above faculty had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The Urgent Care Association of America designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Credit for this course is good for 1 year after purchase.
Submitting for Credit:
If you would like to submit for either of the credit above, once you complete the activity you must submit for credit you will need to complete the 5 question exam. You must answer 3 out of 5 correctly to receive credit. Your credit will be placed in your profile under Professional Development or click on "My Credits". Email email@example.com with questions.
For the best viewing experience, please use IE 8 or above, the newest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. These programs are compatible with mobile devices and tablets. Use this link to test your system or view additional requirements: http://ucaoa.peachnewmedia.com/SystemCheck/