Achieving Accreditation-Benefits to Your Org- Panel Discussion
1 Hour Audio and Power Point Presentation
Course Description- Learning Objectives:
- Describe why UCAOA Accreditation is beneficial to the internal quality processes of one’s organization and how preparing for the accreditation process can improve employee morale and buy-in to best practices.
- Discuss the increasing payer pressures on urgent care centers to adopt best practices for the industry as well as an accreditation designation.
- Discuss regional legislative issues and regulatory pressures regarding accrediting urgent care centers.
- Learn about how achieving UCAOA Accreditation could garner your organization additional benefits, such as malpractice insurance discounts.
- Describe how UCAOA Accreditation can be used as a marketing tool to differentiate your center in the increasingly crowded urgent care marketplace.
Faculty Bio: Moderator, Barbara McKee
Currently Barbara serves as the chair of the Strategic Development/Partnerships Committee for UCAOA. Barbara also co-developed a Policy and Procedure Manual Template currently sold by the UCAOA and has lectured at several UCAOA Conferences on the subject of Policy and Procedure. She also co-hosted a webinar for UCAOA and The Joint Commission on Accreditation.
Barbara McKee served as a Client Success Manager for DocuTAP, the leading provider of integrated electronic medical record (EMR) and practice management technology for urgent care practices. Barbara served a national market with over 200 clients consisting of over 700+ clinics nationwide. As part of the Sales and Marketing Team at DocuTAP, she also assisted in sales of DocuTAP’s Revenue Cycle Management services.
Prior to DocuTAP, Barbara served as Chief Operating Officer of Millennium Healthcare Management (New Orleans, LA), where she was responsible for the daily corporate operations of their 8 urgent care centers. She successfully led Millennium through the first Joint Commission Accreditation for non-hospital affiliated urgent care centers. She was also asked to speak at several conferences on behalf of the Joint Commission’s Survey process.
Prior to Millennium, Barbara served 8 years as Practice Manager for a progressive multi-site dermatology practice with a large retail component. She also worked for Ochsner Health System as Outpatient Registration Manager. Her experience prior to this includes Billing Management for a de Novo MSO which grew from 13 charter members to 56 members.
Barbara graduated from the University of New Orleans with a BA in Sociology. She is an avid reader and aerobics enthusiast.
There is no credit available for this session.
Submitting for Credit:
If you would like to submit for either of the credit above, once you complete the activity you must submit for credit you will need to complete the 5 question exam. You must answer 3 out of 5 correctly to receive credit. Your credit will be placed in your profile under Professional Development or click on "My Credits". Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
For the best viewing experience, please use IE 8 or above, the newest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. These programs are compatible with mobile devices and tablets. Use this link to test your system or view additional requirements: http://ucaoa.peachnewmedia.com/SystemCheck/