Best Practices-Health Record Management- Quality Improvement
I hour Audio and Power Point Presentation
Course Description-Learning Objectives:
- Learn how to set up or refine the policies and procedures of your urgent care center by reviewing Accreditation standards for health record management and quality improvement.
- Review sample standards and success indicators for each of these areas and learn different ways to meet these standards.
- Learn how to involve your whole staff in adopting the best practices outlined in the standards.
- Learn how to maintain these standards in your organization over time.
- Discover resources available to help you incorporate these best practices into your centers.
Faculty Bio: Dr. Janice Suhajda
Janice Suhajda, MD is the Lead Physician for DocNow Urgent Care in southeastern Michigan. She is a Board Certified Family Physician who practiced primary care medicine in Michigan and Virginia until she discovered how much she enjoyed working as an urgent care physician 10 years ago. Dr. Suhajda is a graduate of Hope College and Wayne State University School of Medicine. Her professional interests include Quality Improvement studies, and developing staff and patient education for the urgent care setting. She is on the UCAOA Accreditation Surveyor team.
Dr. Suhajda is the mother of two University of Michigan students and enjoys "empty nesting" with her husband, a former Secret Service and FBI agent. She is an avid reader, gardener and knitter.
The Urgent Care Association of America designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Credit for this course is good for 1 year after purchase.
Urgent Care Management Certificate (UCMC) Credit
This course is designated for 1 credit of Clinical Considerations & Quality towards the Urgent Care Management Certificate.
Submitting for Credit:
If you would like to submit for either of the credit above, once you complete the activity you must submit for credit you will need to complete the 5 question exam. You must answer 3 out of 5 correctly to receive credit. Your credit will be placed in your profile under Professional Development or click on "My Credits". Email email@example.com with questions.
For the best viewing experience, please use IE 8 or above, the newest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. These programs are compatible with mobile devices and tablets. Use this link to test your system or view additional requirements: http://ucaoa.peachnewmedia.com/SystemCheck/