Utilizing the Health Systems Resources to Raise Awareness, Promote, and Drive Volume to Hospital Affiliated Urgent Care Centers
1 hour recorded power point and audio
Recorded September 24, 2015
Many health systems have added urgent care (UC) to their portfolio of services. In most cases, the UC service line is not afforded the same investment of resources as other hospital service lines because it is not seen as a core business. By partnering with the system’s marketing team, the UC service line can benefit from the health system’s brand in many ways if you are creative. This session will discuss how to leverage the health system for the benefit of urgent care.
- Learn to position the urgent care service line within the health system. Upon completion, participants will see the value of repositioning Urgent Care as the front door to the system.
- How to partner with the system marketing staff to integrate the needs of Urgent Care. Upon completion, participant will be able to design common goals with the system marketing staff that benefits the entire system.
- Exporting the system brand to the Urgent Care offerings. Upon completion, participant will be able maximize the system brand for Urgent Care.
- Using marketing building blocks - brand, SWOT, media, content, PR and digital marketing – to increase volumes to Urgent Care centers. Upon completion, participant will be understand how to leverage the system for Urgent Care.
- How to use of physician relations function for Urgent Care. Upon completion, participant will be to develop a physician relations plan for Urgent Care.
Jean M. Hitchcock, MPA, APR, CFRE is a marketing and communications executive with more than 25 years in healthcare. In 2014, she left her position as vice president of Public Affairs and Marketing for MedStar Health, where she led the marketing and communications for MedStar’s services across Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Ms. Hitchcock joined MedStar Health from Scripps Health in San Diego, where she served as corporate vice president of Marketing and Communications and has held leadership positions with a number of organizations throughout her career, including OhioHealth and Spectrum Health. Ms. Hitchcock holds undergraduate degrees in political science and sociology from Hunter College and a Master of Public Administration from Western Michigan University. She is accredited by the Public Relations Society of America and served on the board of the Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development. Ms. Hitchcock has been recognized with several community awards, including the 2008 YWCA TWIN Award for Outstanding Women in Industry and the Health Care Communicators of San Diego’s 2008 Communicator of the Year.
Disclosure: The above faculty has no financial relationships to disclose
The Urgent Care Association of America designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Credit for this course is good for 1 year after purchase.
Urgent Care Management Certificate (UCMC) Credit
This course is designated for 1 credit of Marketing and Communications towards the Urgent Care Management Certificate.
Submitting for Credit:
If you would like to submit for either of the credit above, once you complete the activity you must submit for credit you will need to complete the 5 question exam. You must answer 3 out of 5 correctly to receive credit. Your credit will be placed in your profile under Professional Development or click on "My Credits". Email email@example.com with questions.
For the best viewing experience, please use IE 8 or above, the newest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. These programs are compatible with mobile devices and tablets. Use this link to test your system or view additional requirements: http://ucaoa.peachnewmedia.com/SystemCheck/