October 22, 2015: 'Firing without Fear of Consequences: The Hidden Costs of Firing & Limiting Your Risk' (Recorded Webinar)
Kurt Tullar is a licensed attorney with more than 10 years’ experience, and received his law degree from the Fordham University School of Law in New York. As a veteran litigator, he helps CEDR members and medical employers avoid the courtroom and improve employee production and morale. Kurt has extensive experience helping employers navigate the ever-shifting web of state and federal laws that regulate Human Resources and employment law, and enjoys working with CEDR members every day to solve their workplace problems.
About this Webinar: Terminations can be nerve-wracking, no matter how necessary – but hoping you don’t get sued is not a management technique! Instead, you need to know which situations require extra caution, for what reasons you can legally terminate, and how to anticipate and limit your risks. This includes understanding which state and federal laws apply in any given situation and taking into account the hidden costs of terminations.
Join Kurt Tullar, J.D. and learn essential information and powerful tactics for navigating terminations with assurance. Discover best practices for making termination decisions, how to reduce your vulnerability to post-termination complaints, and, when firing an employee is necessary, how to let them go with dignity and without fear of adverse consequences.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
• How to overcome fear of confrontation, and what to say in the termination meeting so you can fire with dignity
• The hidden costs of termination, and how to evaluate termination decisions
• Advanced HR techniques for addressing any issue with any employee, and encouraging your team to self-correct and improve
• Proven action plans for moving forward when you need to let someone go
• How to avoid the most common termination mistakes
Access to Webinar - The webinar will be hosted through Gotowebinar. Your confirmation email from UCAOA will give you instructions on completing the registration. You will need to do so in order to receive the login information.