Consolidation/M&A Activity in Urgent Care
1 hour Audio and Power Point Presentation
Recorded April 18, 2016
It's one thing to understand the macro trends in urgent care mergers and acquisitions, and how these trends might impact an acquisition or divestiture strategy and timing. It's quite another to understand the micro elements that will directly impact the value of your center. In this session, drawing on proprietary M&A data collected and analyzed by The Braff Group, and delving into the three core elements of valuation, we pull these macro and micro market fundamentals together to synthesize specific strategies you can initiate to increase your value from good to great.
- Describe the most recent trends in consolidation.
- Describe how the balance of supply of vs. demand for acquisition candidates is likely to shift over the next 24-48 months.
- Identify the three core elements that drive valuation
- Describe various strategies to increase income and create sustainable growth which will increase the value of a provider.
- Describe various strategies to reduce go-forward, post-transaction, business risk i.e. developing an infrastructure independent of the owner, diversification of revenue and payor sources, internal compliance audits and others which will increase the value of a provider
Faculty Bio: Dexter W. Braff, MBA, MS, BA
Dexter Braff is the President of The Braff Group, the nation's leading health care mergers and acquisitions advisor with more than 270 closed deals to its credit.
The Urgent Care Association of America designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Credit for this course is good for 1 year after purchase.
Urgent Care Management Certificate
Earn 1 UCMC credit in Operations by listening to this recorded session.
Submitting for Credit:
If you would like to submit for either of the credit above, once you complete the activity you must submit for credit you will need to complete the 5 question exam. You must answer 3 out of 5 correctly to receive credit. Your credit will be placed in your profile under Professional Development or click on "My Credits". Email email@example.com with questions.
For the best viewing experience, please use IE 8 or above, the newest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. These programs are compatible with mobile devices and tablets. Use this link to test your system or view additional requirements: http://ucaoa.peachnewmedia.com/SystemCheck/